fcron 2.9.2

Tim Holterhus lfs at holterhus.com
Tue Nov 26 16:09:06 PST 2002

On Wednesday 27. November 2002 00:33, Billy O'Connor wrote:
> lfs at holterhus.com (Tim Holterhus) writes:
> > Hi, I have fcron installed according to the blfs cvs book and
> > configured to execute a few things on a regular basis both as root
> > and as the user I always login as, but it does nothing.
> > fcrondyn shows the scheduled tasks, no logfiles show any errors -
> > but still - nothing happens.
> > I tried configuring fcron with and w/o PAM (<= 0.77) support and
> > double-checked permissions on all related files & directories.
> > Nothing.
>
> Let's see your crontab files.  I'll try to run them here.
>
> Billy

ls -al /var/spool/fcron/
total 17
drwxrwx---    2 fcron    fcron         152 Nov 25 16:29 ./
drwxr-xr-x    5 root     root          120 Nov 20 13:25 ../
- -rw-------    1 root     root          601 Nov 27 00:43 root
- -rw-------    1 root     fcron         254 Nov 19 17:25 root.orig
- ----------    1 root     root          140 Nov 27 00:43 tim
- ------x--t    1 fcron    fcron          37 Nov 25 16:29 tim.orig*

This is my fcrontab:

cat /var/spool/fcron/tim.orig
%hourly 15 /usr/bin/GrabWeather EDDL

And this is root's:

cat /var/spool/fcron/root.orig
SHELL=/bin/bash

%daily  *       4-5     /usr/sbin/logrotate /etc/logrotate.conf
%daily  *       3-4     /usr/bin/updatedb --prunepaths='/proc /dev /mnt
/tmp /var /usr/src /usr/share/man /lib/modules'
%daily  *       17-18   /opt/www/htdig/bin/rundig
%hourly *       /usr/sbin/fetchnews -vv

On second look, the permissions on files in the /var/spool/fcron
directory do look a bit strange, but again, I do not see any errors in
any log files and fcrondyn does not report anything strange ... but
simply does not do anything.

Regards,

	-Tim

- --