Badblocks in reiserfs

Esteban de Echevarría kamael at ciudad.com.ar
Tue Nov 26 15:52:54 PST 2002

On Tue, 26 Nov 2002 21:12:58 +0000
Ian Molton <spyro at f2s.com> wrote:

> No they werent. they were made by faulty parts of the disc, or
> abortive shutdowns, irrelevant of what was running. they could have
> happened whilst the disc was powered off.

yep, if you read what i've posted i've said: "there's a conflict between
acpi/apm and my hard disk in windoze xp" that made it shutdown and power
on in a VERY fast form...i would say in an insane form...but since then
no new bad sectors so i think the rest of the drive is ok.

So now the big question, i want to move all my reiser partition to a new
ext3 one, can I just copy the whole partition (adjusting lilo.conf
and inittab) and boot on the new one ? any special command?
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org