Badblocks in reiserfs

Ian Molton spyro at f2s.com
Tue Nov 26 13:12:58 PST 2002

On Tue, 26 Nov 2002 19:08:32 +0000 (UTC)
kamael at ciudad.com.ar (Esteban de Echevarría) wrote:

> i don't think so... this hd is part of that 'new technology' (western
> digital, 40gb) and it does have badblocks...however, these bad sectors
> are from a year ago... and the disk is still running ok...the bad
> sectors were made on windoze xp

No they werent. they were made by faulty parts of the disc, or abortive
shutdowns, irrelevant of what was running. they could have happened
whilst the disc was powered off.

Well, its your data. personally I'd be afraid, very afraid ;-)

> apart from the fact that is the only big disk i've

<static noise>

what happened? did it die? ;-)
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org