devine at iie.cnam.fr
Tue Nov 26 10:45:32 PST 2002
In article <3DE00773.8000009 at linux-sevenler.de>, Arman Aksoy wrote:
> Hi again,
> How can we disable the 'beep' sound of the system?
There are many ways:
- if you use bash, add "set bell-style none" to ~/.inputrc or $INPUTRC
- if you use tcsh, add "set nobeep" to ~/.cshrc or /etc/csh.cshrc
- to prevent less from beeping: export LESS=-Q or setenv LESS -Q
- to prevent vim from beeping: add "set visuallbell" to /etc/vimrc
- inside a console, you can run 'echo "\033[10;10]\033[11;0]"'
- inside X11, run "xset b off" (add this to your .xsession or .xinitrc)
...but physically disabling the speaker is probably the simplest solution ;-)
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org
and put 'unsubscribe blfs-support' in the subject header of the message
More information about the blfs-support