version information on module symbols

Steve Prior sprior at geekster.com
Tue Nov 26 10:36:31 PST 2002

I started playing around last night with using a QuickCAM with LFS.
Part of the Philips based driver module is closed source due to an
NDA and when I modprobed it I got unresolved symbol messages.  The
author says that the only way to fix this is to turn off version
information in module symbols in the kernel build.

My question is - is that something I should be willing to do?  What is
the downside of turning off this information?

Thanks
Steve

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org