Beep

Matthias Benkmann matthias at winterdrache.de
Tue Nov 26 09:49:44 PST 2002

On Tue, 26 Nov 2002 11:39:45 -0600 Tushar T <tush at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Ostash! wrote:
>
> >Sunday, November 24, 2002 12:55:47 AM Arman Aksoy wrote
> >blfs-support at linuxfromscratch.org:
> >
> >AA> How can we disable the 'beep' sound of the system?
> >Just plug-off speaker. It is the best way!
> >

> :) That is a bit drastic!!!

Depends on your case and mobo. I have a case with removable side covers
and motherboard with clearly labelled jumper pins. It's a matter of no
more than a minute to open the case, locate the speaker connector, pull it
off and replace the side cover. I just tried it (without the actual "pull
it off" part) and it took me no longer than writing this mail. So as funny
as it sounds, this is a workable suggestion that is more reliable than
anything else.

MSB

--
Bad comments reveal the bad programmer.