wvdial problems

john smith no at thanks.com
Tue Nov 26 04:10:56 PST 2002

I have been getting error code 16 (modem hangup) every time I run wvdial.  I
have found putting my username and password in pap-secrets means I'm now
able to connect.  wvdials man page says it's supposed to handle this.
permisions on pap-secrets are fine, anyone know what the problem could be?
Wvdial also seems to have trouble connecting as it is having to have a few
attempts at responding to lonin/password prompts.

Anyway, It's working. My next question is, to be able to do dns lookups do I
need to install bind or something.

I think I need to look at a ppp Howto or something. Wvdial problems are
really all that's bothering me. I like things to work nicely.

thankyou
gavin

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org