Cable modem?

Richard Pinnell pinr at rocketmail.com
Tue Nov 26 00:32:34 PST 2002

-
> > have to do that whatever OS you are using.  Have I
> > missed something?
>
>  My understanding is that I have to register the mac
> address on the
> network card itself.
>
> Ken
> --
Well I'm no expert on it all I can tell you is that
when I first got the thing, there was no Internet so I
had to phone my ISP and they asked me for the MAC
address of the CABLE MODEM this is either printed on
the back or you can also get it by entering
192.168.100.1 in your web browser.  this is of course
provided you are using a motorola sb4100 or similiar
and have set up you dhcp client if this is the case
192.168.100.1 will bring up the modem configuration