gzexe.... worth it?

adam boz adam_boz at phreaker.net
Mon Nov 25 07:53:17 PST 2002

Hi all.  I'm creating a root disk (as well as packages and zsh scripts
for an auto-lfs).  As of now, I am using 619 megs.  I would like to add
some more programs to the disk, but I don't want to go over 650 megs.
I've read the man pages on gzexe, and it looks like it could save me
some space, but I am wondering how much it will slow down the system.
Also, can I do this from a boot disk, if the bin dir's aren't loaded
into ramdisk?

Is there anything else that I could do to save some space?

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org