libpcap

Carsten Gehrke carsten at rollinghorse.com
Mon Nov 25 12:16:46 PST 2002

At 10:04 25-11-02, you wrote:

>"Carsten Gehrke" <carsten at rollinghorse.com> wrote in message
>news:5.1.1.6.2.20021125093136.00abfb60 at Shire...
>
> > Remember, this is not the full message, but I think it includes what you
> > need.  Of course, why would you trust some guy on a mailing list...
>
>True, you shouldn't, although my initial response was an honest one.  I'd
>simply forgotten about the tcpdump.org compromise - and couldn't lay my
>hands on the information you've been able to provide (in the forms of
>verified MD5 sums).

Just to be perfectly clear:  I was referring to myself when I wrote "some
guy"--after all, I could have spoofed the clipping from the CERT advisory,
and put in false MD5 sums.  BTW, the CERT advisories are PGP signed, so one
could always establish their authenticity (at least as far as you would
trust PGP/GPG).

--
Carsten Gehrke     LFS No.: 190    using Linux since kernel 0.98
carsten at gehrke.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org