XFree86 -configure (libpam) - REPOST

Bruce Dubbs bdubbs at swbell.net
Sun Nov 24 20:47:50 PST 2002

Brian Auld wrote:

> I didn't mention it earlier, but I presume that the XFree86 -configure
> command is supposed to be run from lfs and not the host system.
>
> I might sound like an obvious question, but at this point I'm pulling
> at straws.

Did you compile in a chroot or while booted into lfs?  There should be
no reference to pam, so I would suspect it was picked up somehow from
your host distro.

I recommend starting over and compiling from your lfs system.  XFree86
-configure creates a XF86Config.new file for you.  You need to be root
to run it.

  -- Bruce

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org