How to get Numlock on by default in X ?

drharlan at pacbell.net drharlan at pacbell.net
Sun Nov 24 13:59:00 PST 2002

This may be an RTFM but I've grepped the man pages on my blfs system
for numlock and only find references on using numlock as a key
modifier.  Same thing in the documentation I downloaded from
XFree86.org.  I also recompiled the numlockx utility I have been using
on my host system (under 3.3.6) but it doesn't work under 4.2.1.

I had thought that 4.2.1 might have it's own option for setting the
numlock on when X starts, but I don't find one in the XF86Config.eg
file.

So where do I look ?

Thanks,

Wayne