Problem with XFree86 4.2.1 & kdm

R. Bosch remy.bosch at hccnet.nl
Sat Nov 23 17:25:59 PST 2002

On Wed, 20 Nov 2002 21:18:02 -0800  Mister Marianne just wrote the
following:

> I upgraded XFree over the weekend and now kdm isn't working.  I think
> it is because kdm can't find Xservers and Xaccess.

How did you do the upgrade?

I use kde-3.0.4 with X-4.2.1 with no problems...

The locations in the kdm-hint still apply.
Besides; it's tricky to remove an old tree of X and replace it with a
newer one. Some programs install under /usr/X11R6 instead of
/usr(/local)

--

Remy

Open(source) your mind, and see real freedom!
Close(dsource) your mind and be in a prisson.

Just my ¤0.02
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org