cannot get wvdial to stay connected.

Declan Moriarty declan.moriarty at ntlworld.ie
Sat Nov 23 12:13:25 PST 2002

On Saturday 23 November 2002 14:41, you wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have installed wvstreams and wvdial as stated in the blfs-book.
> I can connect ok.
> The problem is I get connected and then immediately I get disconnected
> The error given is
>
> The pppd has died.
> Exit code 16 The link was terminated by the modem hanging up.

Doesn't say which modem! I get error 16 when my isp cuts me off, and my
system works. Username/password/search path?

[snip]
> Has anyone any ideas as to what the problem could be

Everything snipped seems ok. What does wvdial.conf say ? Strip your user name
& password if you paste it into a reply. Check aso the PPP-HOWTO from section
10 or so (describing /etc/hosts, host.conf, resolv.conf). Query your modem if
you can

You can set debug=on with pppd to find out a little more.

--
	Regards,

	Declan Moriarty
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org