Cable modem?

Ken Moffat ken at kenmoffat.uklinux.net
Sat Nov 23 11:56:27 PST 2002

First off, I'll be *really* surprised if this gets to the list, most of
my attempts to send mail here get 550'd (one of the reasons I'm
switching to cable).

On 23 Nov 2002, Dagmar d'Surreal wrote:

> On Wed, 2002-11-20 at 17:46, Lee Hancock wrote:
> > Thanks James for pointing me in the right direction, followed the hint had
> > no problems. Looks like i've got to install another network card though :-(
> > ""James Drabb"" <JDrabb at darden.com> wrote in message
> (much stuff deleted)
>
> Are you guys aware that there's a Cablemodem-HOWTO at www.tldp.org that
> actually covers the details for _individual ISPs?_  It will explain
> _everything_.

 Thanks for the pointer. The current (June 2001) version does actually
include NTL here, but it skips over the hard part - you have to get the
network card registered. Current consensus is that you really need to
use windoze to do this. About to try this, if I can look myself in the
eye, and find a windows CD and spare disk (built LFS-3.3 for my
firewall/router, a massive 2Gb disk, no space for windoze as well as
LFS.

Ken

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org