XFree86 Iteration Average??

Bruce Dubbs bdubbs at swbell.net
Fri Nov 22 18:29:51 PST 2002

bauld at hotpop.com wrote:

>Does anyone know that average number of compile/error/fix/recompile...
>iterations someone should expect to go through to get this beast
>successfully installed??

If you are starting with an installation of LFS 4 without errors, the
BLFS instructions should work the first time. If they don't and the
error can be traced to the install instructions, I need to know about
it.  Note that we are now waiting for version 4.3 which should be out in
January.  I anticipate the instructions will become quite a bit simpler
then.
  -- Bruce

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org