Intsalling gcc (again?)

Larry larry at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Nov 22 06:41:54 PST 2002

On Fri, Nov 22, 2002 at 10:18:40AM -0000, Graz Bukanoff wrote:
> I wonder why the BLFS books suggests to install gcc if it was already
> installed in LFS. Appart from the ADA support, is a reinstall necessary for
> anything else?
>
> Graz Bukanoff

A reinstall is only necessary when you want to install a language that
was not installed during LFS.  The book is not intended to create a BLFS
System that is the same for everyone.  It is intended to create your
unique BLFS system on top of the LFS base. It should have only what you
need installed.

Larry
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org