using remote tape drives

Carsten P. Gehrke Carsten at rollinghorse.com
Thu Nov 21 15:50:36 PST 2002

Does anyone have experience using remote tape drives?  I'm trying to use a
DLT drive on one system to back up another.  If I use tar on the second
system, it tries to use rsh or remsh to connect to the system with the
drive.  It seems I need to run some sort of rlogin daemon on that computer
to allow rsh to connect.  Is there another, perhaps more secure way, of
doing this?  I'd prefer not to run an rlogin daemon, but all of this would
be behind a firewall in any case.

Thanks,

--
Carsten Gehrke     LFS No.: 190    using Linux since kernel 0.98
carsten at gehrke.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org