Fool's guide to FIND

Declan Moriarty declan.moriarty at ntlworld.ie
Thu Nov 21 13:49:08 PST 2002

Can anyone point me to such a thing? With examples?  Don't reply 'man find'
until you read to the bottom of it!

I have a very simple task: I want to recursively find files by name (e.g.)
*.pdf, and I am quite happy to log to the appropiatre directory to search
down.  In most cases I know the extension, but not the name. Does anyone ever
do a simple task like that in linux? Does it take a line the length of a sed
construction?

--
	Regards,

	Declan Moriarty