timeout opening/writing control channel /dev/initctl

David Wilson david.wilson at mbf.com.au
Wed Nov 20 19:33:19 PST 2002

Hi,

I am trying to create a lfs cd using the hint "Bootable LFS CD using
lilo" by Chris Lingard  and I am having troubles with init.

When it first boots up it loads the kernel and loads the ramdisk fine.
But when it hands control over to /sbin/init it fails with the
following
error:

init: timeout opening/writing control channel /dev/initctl

I have searched through google with alot of people stating the same
problem and the problem seems to occur for init, telinit and sysvinit.
But I can't see any responses to fix. So your help here would
be great.

Dave Wilson

This email contains confidential information intended
only for the addressee.  If you received it in error,
please inform us by reply email or by calling us on 131 137.
Please also delete this email and destroy any hard copy.
You must not disclose or use the information in this email.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org