A little OT, but has been driving me nuts!

Joe Morris heartboy at nycap.rr.com
Wed Nov 20 16:36:50 PST 2002

> You could try the latest cvs version of X.  I read that it has a much
> more "user friendly" way of changing resolutions.
>
> Jim Drabb

here is my issue.  I use ATI's binary 8500 drivers, and it will only let me
start X with 24bpp.  The only way to get 16-bit color is if I use the
(slower) dri drivers, and in order to switch drivers I have to reboot
(otherwise the monitor just blanks when I start x).  So you see, it is very
big issue with me.
Joe
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org