pb compiling xfree 4.2.1 with bison 1.75

Martial Daumas martial at nasgaia.org
Wed Nov 20 08:33:31 PST 2002

On Wed, 20 Nov 2002 14:47:04 +0000 (UTC)
drharlan at pacbell.net wrote:

> In my case, the patch helped get through the first three errors with
> the 1.75, but then it still failed farther down the line.  Backing off
> to 1.35 made it as smooth as silk.

Hello,
I didn't check the mentionned patch , but in case it can help, i had no problems
with this patche set, on Xfree-4.2.1 + gcc-3.2 + bison-1.75 - i just added/removed some ";" in
some files (that makes me think that bison ain't buggy, just sticter on syntax, which can
be a good thing in the long term, IMO):

http://nasgaia.org/var/Ncvs/Ncooker/PATCHES/xc/nga/xf420-twm_gram_y.patch
http://nasgaia.org/var/Ncvs/Ncooker/PATCHES/xc/nga/xf420-xftgram_y.patch
http://nasgaia.org/var/Ncvs/Ncooker/PATCHES/xc/nga/xf420-xkbevd_y.patch
http://nasgaia.org/var/Ncvs/Ncooker/PATCHES/xc/nga/xf420-xkbparse_y.patch

(note: it must be incomplete since i fixed as problems occured, according to my
xfree86.cf - maybe some .y files needs fixes with other configs)

ciao

--
Martial Daumas
Nasgaïa Gnu/linux http://www.nasgaia.org/