X windows hostname

Matthew Burgess ca9mbu at eos.sunderland.ac.uk
Wed Nov 20 06:34:11 PST 2002

"Richard Pinnell" <pinr at rocketmail.com> wrote in message
news:20021120140238.84916.qmail at web13908.mail.yahoo.com...
> <snipped actual question>

Richard,  I access the LFS mailinglist through the news server
(news.linuxfromscratch.org).  Your new posts consistently appear underneath
already existing threads.  This could be down to a number of factors, but
I'd appreciate it if you look into this as posting a new topic under an
already existing thread can cause confusion.  Here's what may be causing it:

1) You simply reply to a message you've already received from the
mailinglist and change the "Subject" line. - instead of replying, create a
new message.
2) Your mail/news client is screwing things up somehow - what client are you
using?
3) My mail/news client is screwing things up somehow - please let me know -
I'm using MS Outlook Express 6 - so there's a good chance of there being a
bug in here somewhere.

Thanks,

Matt.

---