Cable modem?

James Drabb JDrabb at darden.com
Wed Nov 20 05:12:21 PST 2002

I have a cable modem as well.  You should connect the cable modem
to your network card directly and skip the USB stuff.  Once you
have it connected, you then need to "get" your IP.  Read the dchpcd.txt
hint at http://hints.us.linuxfromscratch.org/hints/dhcpcd.txt
This will walk you through installing and setting up the
dhcp client which will get your IP for you and setup your
networking.

Jim Drabb
James Drabb JR
Programmer Analyst