So how do I get packages??

Simon Geard delgarde at ihug.co.nz
Wed Nov 20 01:27:40 PST 2002

Brian Auld wrote:

> Did I miss something in LFS?
>
> Is it presumed that any package you need as part of BLFS you need to
> download from your original host environment until you get enough
> network packages installed (ftp etc...) to be able to talk to the
> outside world on your LFS platform?

Pretty much, yeah, but that's pretty much a one-off thing. I've been
using LFS for nearly two years now, rebuilding from time to time to keep
the basic system up to date. And by this stage, I've accumulated roughly
a cd worth of source packages - enough to build everything I need, let
alone just enough to get online (which would basically be pppd, links,
and maybe wget).

Simon.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org