Gnome2 problem

Larry larry at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Nov 19 18:49:40 PST 2002

On Tue, Nov 19, 2002 at 11:38:18PM -0300, Esteban de Echevarr?a wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Nov 2002 22:49:30 -0300
> Esteban de Echevarr?a <kamael at ciudad.com.ar> wrote:
>
> > nope...i tought about that but since the book doesn't say anything
> > about that I didn't install one...do I need to?
>
> ok i've fixed it... i downgraded from bonobo-activation-1.0.4 to 1.0.3
> and gnome starts ok now...

Great, thanks for the update, especially since I fixing to update some
of the gnome packages.  Probably saved me some time when I run into your
problem again. As you probably know by now, gnome defaults to the twn
window manager if you don't have sawfish or metacity installed.  From
what I hear, it makes a pretty crude interface.

Larry
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org