libstdc++-libc6.1-1.so.2

Ulrich Fahrenberg uli at math.auc.dk
Tue Nov 19 15:30:31 PST 2002

Hello,

when trying to run a precompiled binary mozilla-1.1 on my
LFS-4.0-plus, I am told

	./mozilla-bin: error while loading shared libraries:
	libstdc++-libc6.1-1.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No
	such file or directory

And he is right, I do not have libstdc++-libc6.1-1.so.2 anywhere.

Should I be worried about this missing library? Or is it just 'cause
this mozilla-1.1 was compiled against gcc-2.95.3, and so it won't link
with the libraries provided by gcc-3.2?

Anyway, running precompiled stuff on an LFS system is A Bad Thing, I
know, I just wanted a decent browser while working my way through
compiling mozilla-1.1 from source...

uli

--
Ulrich Fahrenberg -- http://www.math.auc.dk/~uli