Vixie Cron

Jesse Tie-Ten-Quee highos at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Nov 19 13:55:37 PST 2002

Yo,

On Tue, Nov 19, 2002 at 10:18:06PM +0100, Nils Holland wrote:
> If someone's already gotten Vixie Cron to work on his LFS system, I'd be
> grateful for any hints, patches, etc. If not, but if someone's willing to
> have a look at it, simply go to ftp://ftp.vix.com/pub/vixie/cron-3.0 and
> download the three files in that directory. Part0{1,2} are shell scripts
> that you need to make executable and run in order to unpack the cron source
> files contained therein. Then apply Patch1. One could now tweak the
> Makefile a little bit, but I guess that's not really neccessary for
> testing. So simply run "make" and see GCC complain. A few changes to the
> source files will most likely fix this problem, but I thought before I try
> to make such changes and cause even more trouble, I'd rather first ask if
> someone's already successfully gotten Vixie Cron to work. ;-)

http://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/c/cron/cron_3.0pl1.orig.tar.gz
http://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/c/cron/cron_3.0pl1-73.diff.gz

Give that a shot.  You honestly want to be using this tarball and Debian's
patch however.  There's been *sooo* many exploits considering cron has not
been updated in years now...  anyways, use it, it works great here =)

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org