powerdown

Reboant reboant at screaminet.com
Mon Nov 18 17:51:28 PST 2002

Csaba Henk wrote:

>On Mon, 18 Nov 2002, Simon Goodwin wrote:
>

>>but if i put the line 'append="apm=power-off"' into the lilo.conf, there
>>aswell ist no change. it only workes if i give it at boot time. or is the
>>line wrong?
>>

>Hmm, I dunno too much about LiLo, I use Grub (yet I neither know much
>about Grub :-). With Grub I simply include the "apm=power-off" option in
>menu.lst and it rocks. So if you cannot get on with LiLo, switching to
>Grub might be a solution.
>
>Csaba

Just out of curiosity do you have ACPI enabled in the bios? I had the
same problem and it drove me nuts.After disabling it I was then able to
shutdown the system using apm without any having to add anything to
lilo.conf.This is just a simple sugestion and you've probably already
thought of it though.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org