Getting a computer dial in to the internet after a phone call

Daniel Brewer dan at brewer.me.uk
Mon Nov 18 01:49:56 PST 2002

On Sunday, November 17, 2002, at 10:04 AM, Declan Moriarty wrote:

> Solutions with extra hardware spring to mind. Bit if you leave your pc
> ON,
> and set up as a server, ready to answer the phone surely you can dial
> in and
> telnet to it ( or better still ssh to it)  with a username and
> password.
> Then you're the boss. Where's the problem? (Says he with his tongue in
> his
> cheek). What I mean is, which bits of it can't you do?
> --
> 	Regards,
>
> 	Declan Moriarty

One of the problems is that my machine at work does not have a modem
and so can only connect to the internet through the network not the
phoneline.  Maybe what I should have asked is, is there any software
which deals with voice calls and when a certain code is entered on the
phone it will set off a script that will connect it to the internet
after the voice call is ended.
No problem leaving the computer on just the cost of phone calls.

Daniel Brewer

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org