updatedb

Johan Cronje jcronje at dsp.sun.ac.za
Mon Nov 18 01:03:50 PST 2002

I am not subscribed to this list.

I am having trouble with my LFS, but cannot say when (i.e. after which
software
install) the problem occured.

When I try to run updatedb, I get an error something like this:

[root at lfs root]# updatedb
/proc/<pidofupdatedb>/fd/: no such file or directory
/proc/<pidofupdatedb>/fd/: no such file or directory

It also appears as if things I install are not "visible" to the system;
e.g. I had to install
libProplist for windowmaker, but windowmaker's configure script can't
see it even
when I specify the path to the libs.

Also (don't know if it's related): my .bash_history file is no longer
being updated
by the system.

Any thoughts?

Thx
JC

"There is beauty in simplicity"		-- Johan Cronjé

"Friendship is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies"
	      	       	    	        -- Titus Maccius Plautus

Johan Cronjé

Digital Signal Processing / Telecommunications Group
Room E355
Department Electrical and Electronic Engineering
University of Stellenbosch

jcronje at dsp.sun.ac.za
http://www.dsp.sun.ac.za/~jcronje

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org