LFS from FreeBSD ?

Ulrich Fahrenberg uli at math.auc.dk
Sun Nov 17 23:59:40 PST 2002

On Sun, 17 Nov 2002, DajiSt Ofit wrote:

> my linux distro (Definite Linux) that i was goin to use for
> creating my LFS is abit old (2.2.10?) without realising how quick
> development with linux has gone ..
>
> ok my question: is it okay to create my LFS from FreeBSD? unless
> there's an easier way ?? ..

It should most certainly be easier to build LFS on top of an old Linux
than on top of BSD. Here's how I did, starting from a SuSE 6.4, kernel
2.2.14:

1. Upgraded gcc to 2.95.3
2. Upgraded modutils to 2.4.2 (this step might not be necessary)
3. Installed kernel 2.4.19
4. Started LFS install

I'm not sure you'll need to do these preparations; I just happened to
have done them before I started loving LFS...

Uli

--
Ulrich Fahrenberg -- http://www.math.auc.dk/~uli

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org