problem with kernel

Carsten Gehrke carsten at rollinghorse.com
Sun Nov 17 15:29:52 PST 2002

At 14:36 17-11-02, you wrote:
>Hello
>I have problem with lfs. I can't compile/install kernel 2.4.19.
>There are no problems with "make... mrproper,menuconfig,clean, bzimage,
>modules etc." but depmod causes "Unresolved symbols" in all modules, but
>'depmod -F /usr/src/linux/System.map' exits with no error. I don't no what
>to do.

I've only compiled the kernel about a dozen times, but isn't it
make mrproper
make menuconfig
make dep
make bzImage
make modules
etc.

It seems to me that the make clean is not needed, but I think I remember
the make dep being recommended after make menuconfig exits.

--
Carsten Gehrke     LFS No.: 190    using Linux since kernel 0.98
carsten at gehrke.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org