Yet another CUPS question...

Matt Rogers mattrogers at sbcglobal.net
Sun Nov 17 11:28:40 PST 2002

On Sunday 17 November 2002 01:12 pm, Marc Brekoo wrote:
> Hi there!
>
> The past few hours I have been thinking about setting up a simple
> printer-server in my home network. The box I was planning to use is an
> old P-200 with LFS installed on it.
>
> I thought about installing CUPS for the printing part, so I read the
> hint on this subject. I installed jpeg and libpng, but when I make
>
> CUPS, I get this error:
> >Making all in pdftops...
> >Compiling SFont.cxx...
> >In file included from SFont.cxx:14:
> >SFont.h:18:22: X11/Xlib.h: No such file or directory
> >SFont.h:19:23: X11/Xutil.h: No such file or directory
> >In file included from SFont.cxx:14:
> >SFont.h:30: parse error before `*' token
>
> I was really stumped to see that CUPS relied on X, while the docs don't
> even mention it. Does anyone know a sollution besides "install X on the
> damn box"??
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> --
>  Marc Brekoo   |   Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to
>
>                |   their level, and then beat you with experience.

Do you have the TIFF and Zlib libraries installed as well?  CUPS also relies
on those, and that may be the cause of your problem (even though the headers
specified are X11 headers).  If that doesn't work, then the only solution may
be to install X on the box, even though you never have to use it

Hope this helps,
Matt
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org