Yet another CUPS question...

Marc Brekoo marc at brekoo.no-ip.com
Sun Nov 17 11:12:35 PST 2002

Hi there!

The past few hours I have been thinking about setting up a simple
printer-server in my home network. The box I was planning to use is an
old P-200 with LFS installed on it.

I thought about installing CUPS for the printing part, so I read the
hint on this subject. I installed jpeg and libpng, but when I make
CUPS, I get this error:

>Making all in pdftops...
>Compiling SFont.cxx...
>In file included from SFont.cxx:14:
>SFont.h:18:22: X11/Xlib.h: No such file or directory
>SFont.h:19:23: X11/Xutil.h: No such file or directory
>In file included from SFont.cxx:14:
>SFont.h:30: parse error before `*' token

I was really stumped to see that CUPS relied on X, while the docs don't
even mention it. Does anyone know a sollution besides "install X on the
damn box"??

Thanks in advance,

--
 Marc Brekoo   |   Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org