Getting a computer dial in to the internet after a phone call

Declan Moriarty declan.moriarty at ntlworld.ie
Sun Nov 17 02:04:48 PST 2002

Was it Daniel Brewer who wrote on Friday 15 November 2002 15:40:
> Hi there,
>
> I gave a dial in internet connection that I cannot afford to leave on
> all day.  The problem is that sometimes I would like to access it from
> work.  Is there any possible way to do this.  Ideally I would like to
> be able to phone my home number from a phone and then when I stop the
> call for the computer to automatically dial up a stay on for say 30
> mins.
>
> I have linked into diald a bit but it seems as if you have to dial from
> a computer to a computer which is not what I'm really looking for as my
> work pc has a permant connection.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks in advance.  I know it sounds impossible!
>
> Dan Brewer

Solutions with extra hardware spring to mind. Bit if you leave your pc ON,
and set up as a server, ready to answer the phone surely you can dial in and
telnet to it ( or better still ssh to it)  with a username and password.
Then you're the boss. Where's the problem? (Says he with his tongue in his
cheek). What I mean is, which bits of it can't you do?
--
	Regards,

	Declan Moriarty

Applied Researches - Ireland's Foremost Electronic Hardware Genius

	A Slightly Serious(TM) Company

Without the optimist, the pessimist wouldn't know how happy he isn't

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org