Getting directfb to work

luis jure luisjure at multitel.com.uy
Sat Nov 16 14:41:59 PST 2002

el Sat, 16 Nov 2002 22:14:27 +0000
Daniel Brewer <d.brewer at ucl.ac.uk> escribió:

> I think this is because I have not got installed the frame buffer
> options in the kernel but I cannot find them anywhere.

for frame buffer options to be available, first you have to check:

[*] Prompt for development and/or incomplete code/drivers

at "Code maturity level options"

then, at:

Console drivers  ---> Frame-buffer support  --->

you can check:

[*] Support for frame buffer devices (EXPERIMENTAL)

and many related options will appear. can't tell you more than that, i
tried frame buffer only once for a short while. i read some documentation
at the time but i forgot most of it. i still prefer SVGATextMode....

good luck.

lj
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org