File size exceeded?

Geoff capsthorne at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Nov 16 12:09:44 PST 2002

Hi,

I am running 3.3 under kernel 2.4.19.  I am trying to run sfill, - a
utility to wipe free space which works (it seems), by creating a large
empty file.  I am getting a "file size exceeded" error when I run sfill on
an ext2 fs.  I thought that (at least the later), 2.4 kernels supported
large files automatically so long as all the supporting libraries were
up-to-date.  I know that there used to be an issue with "file size
exceeded" if the user was not logged in as root - but I am logged in as
root.  I have not changed ulimits.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Geoff