Automated Kernel Install

Archaic archaic at comcast.net
Sat Nov 16 10:49:16 PST 2002

Does anyone see a problem with the following?:

make mrproper &&
yes ""|make config &&
cp kernel-config .config &&
make dep &&
<...>

I recall that the yes "" was pulled from the chap5 quite awhile ago as
it did cause some changes to the headers being installed, yet with the
copying of a pre-made config to .config, would that eliminate the
problems? I've tried skipping the make {,menu,old}config but make dep
bombs immediately. I'm not trying to install headers, but the whole
kernel, yet without user interaction. Any ideas?

Thanks.

--
Archaic

--
The prestige of government has undoubtedly been lowered considerably by
the Prohibition law. For nothing is more destructive of respect for the

- Albert Einstein, "My First Impression of the U.S.A.", 1921

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org