daemontools -0.76

Stefan Krah sfk1 at bigfoot.com
Sat Nov 16 07:30:55 PST 2002

* "Laurence Turpin" <laurie.turpin at virgin.net> wrote:
> I have installed daemontools-0.76 but I am finding I get the following error
> message.
>
> INIT: Id "SV" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes

Short answer: You have to create the /etc/service directory.

Long answer: I wrote this ...

http://archive.linuxfromscratch.org/mail-archives/blfs-support/2002/04/0107.html

... a couple of months ago. It's a simple example of how to start
telnetd - obviously you shouldn't start telnetd, so it's just an
example.

The first two issues (/command/svc in svscanboot and manpages) are
probably resolved by now.

Stefan Krah
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org