busybox date

Allen Crider spam at swnews.net
Fri Nov 15 07:48:07 PST 2002

Joe Morris wrote:

>> Look at how your usenet or email headers express time. They use then
>> rfc822 specification for expressing time as utc plus or minus time zones.
>> If you are in Central Standard Time, you can express the time as UTC
>> -0700. I was incorrect with my first suggestion, the timezone needs to be
>> expressed as 4
>> digits. Busybox's docs say their date supports the  -R option, so give it
>> a try.
>
> So, do you mean I simply do a 'busybox date -R'?  Doing this prints:
> Fri, 15 Nov 2002 20:22:11 +0000
>
> How do I change the +0000?  How do I get it to express UTC as -0600?
> Joe

Hmmm.... the more I look into this the more I'm getting stumped. It seems
none of the options can be combined. Date -Ru only gives me the -R option
and the -uR only gives me the u option. I found that 'export TZ=CST'
doesn't work but doing a:
export TIMEZONE=CST

causes date display the set timezone.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org