busybox date

Allen Crider spam at swnews.net
Fri Nov 15 04:53:52 PST 2002

Joe Morris wrote:

>> Will it accept you setting the date with the method : UTC-6 for instance?
>>
> I'm sorry, but I have no idea what you mean.  Could you clarify? Thanks!
> Joe

Look at how your usenet or email headers express time. They use then rfc822
specification for expressing time as utc plus or minus time zones. If you
are in Central Standard Time, you can express the time as UTC -0700. I was
incorrect with my first suggestion, the timezone needs to be expressed as 4
digits. Busybox's docs say their date supports the  -R option, so give it a
try.

http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc822.html

I was using rdate in busybox for a initrd Xterminal setup and that worked
for me, though I didn't mess with any timezones.

Also, is setting "export TZ=CST" obsolete these days?

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org