Sendmail and DB 4.1.24

Chris Wesdorp chriswesdorp at planet.nl
Fri Nov 15 05:10:52 PST 2002

Before compiling sendmail i installed DB, not the one in the book but a
newer (4.1.24). In the archive i found this patch to compile sendmail
with the new DB (some arguments changed in the new version). Here the
link:
http://archive.linuxfromscratch.org/mail-archives/blfs-support/2002/09/1015.html

I don't know if this been discussed before but with the patch sendmail
comiles and runs. But that's about everything. The makemap program
doesn't work. This way sendmail is unable to generate db files from
aliases, genericstable etc. I removed the new db (love install-log to
track installed files) and with the db-4.0.14 everything runs okay.

Just to let you known.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org