XFree 4.2.1 & DRI - strange video behaviour

Jerry McBride mcbrides9 at comcast.net
Fri Nov 15 04:16:19 PST 2002

On Fri, 15 Nov 2002 09:13:15 +0000 dildir at wanadoo.fr wrote:

> Tim Holterhus (lfs at holterhus.com) wrote:
> > I recompiled all components on my system including XFree 4.2.1 and the
> > DRI drivers for my ATI Rage 128 card. All is pretty much up to date to
> > the current (b)lfs cvs'.
> >
> > When I now run any app that tries to display "moving pictures" (-> watch
> > a movie or tv), the system seems to freeze hard.

Did you pipe the console to a log file? If so, load the log file into a text
editor and search for "***" (without the quotes). Any matches that turn up are
errors that need to be addressed. I've been compiling x from cvs and it's quite
possible for the compile to terminate normally with no hint of an error...
unless you look over the compile log file.

I pipe the console to a log via:   make World >& world.log

                     Registered Linux User Number 185956
          http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&safe=off&group=linux
     7:21am  up 10 days, 11:48,  3 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org