HDD advice?

Ian Molton spyro at f2s.com
Thu Nov 14 15:22:51 PST 2002

On Thu, 14 Nov 2002 20:39:24 +0000 (UTC)
Bryan.C.Breen.1 at gsfc.nasa.gov (Bryan Breen) wrote:

> >I know this is a non-ideal case, but 0.8MB/sec! really?! with an 8MB
> >cache on the drive?
>
> The big cache is handy for keeping a lot of recently accessed data
> ready to be re-read without accessing the actual data on the drive's
> disks.

yes, yes - I know. my point was that with such a big cache, it should
have been able to absorb a LOT of the seeks caused by the concurrent
download of the largew files, surely - I cant imagine that the blocks of
the files were stored over 8MB from each other!
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org