probe order of compiled-in NIC drivers

Dagmar d'Surreal dagmar at speakeasy.net
Thu Nov 14 00:15:41 PST 2002

On Wed, 2002-11-13 at 12:07, Dan Osterrath wrote:

> > > /etc/modules.conf, and all works well.  However, I don't want loadable
> > > modules.  The kernel version I am using is 2.4.19.  The on-board NIC is
>
> > Add to your /etc/modules.conf:
> > alias eth0 (tlan driver module name)
> > alias eth1 (tulip driver module name)
>
> Can you see your mistake? *g*

Oh there was no mistake.  If he can't get the ether= line to work, then
he's recieving a subtle hint from the universe that he should be using
modules.

Of course, this is from making the assumption that he is actually
managing to pass the ether= settings to the kernel in the proper manner,
which more likely to be the error on my part.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org