Sendmail installation path

Erika Pacholleck pchllck at nexgo.de
Wed Nov 13 13:15:58 PST 2002

[13.11.2002] Chris Wesdorp <-- :
> .... So ./Build -n install will do a
> installation without installing the files. I noticed that the script
> installs the man-pages in /usr/share/man/cat{1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8}.
>
> [snip Makefile sed]
>
> I wondered if there is another fix for this?

I don't use sendmail, so just two small thoughts.

You could link the cat dirs to the corresponding man dirs before
intalling and remove them afterwards, something like this:
  cd /usr/share/man
  for i in `ls -d man?`; do ln -s $i cat${i##man}; done
following the install commands
  rm -fR /usr/share/man/cat?

But are you sure they are not already formatted?
In that case they do belong into a cat directory and you could
use man.conf to make them known. FHS has some remarks in it.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org