I'm sure to be crazy

Edgar Alwers edgaralwers at gmx.de
Tue Nov 12 13:55:23 PST 2002

On Tuesday 12 November 2002 20:32, you wrote:
> CUPS, configures the printer, I pet the printer printing by copying a
> file to /dev/lp0, CUPS puts files in /var/spool/cups but noone is
> printed.

 No, you are not going to become crazy. Working with linux is like playing
chess on a very high level ;-)
OK, I had the same problems some days before. If the printer is doing nothing,
most probably is that you dont have a driver installed.
cups and PPD just make the connection to your driver. Did you loook for the
correct ghostscript driver ? ( www.cups.org ) Did you install the ghostscript
fonts ( and TTF and Type1) ? And did you generate the PPD file for your
printer and installed it ?
Are you working through localhost:631 to configure ?
I had some problems installing cups, but if you follows up the instructions
exactly, it is one ot the simplest printing systems I have seen up to now, it
works really fine.
Let me know, perhaps I may help you
Edgar

--