BLFS from host?

Archaic archaic at comcast.net
Tue Nov 12 13:39:06 PST 2002

On Tue, Nov 12, 2002 at 09:16:00PM +0000, chris.danx wrote:
> Just wondering if you can do something similar to what was done with
> lfs and build some of the packages using chroot.  Can it be done?  I'd
> rather be doing something when it's building the packages and don't
> want to be sitting around.
>
> Anything to be aware of?  Is the command different?

You have to be careful what you build and when you build. Remember, the
packages have to be able to test everything from the configure script so
many of the base packages will need to be in place first. Also, if your
running kernel is used to configure a package, then things may change
after you start running your new kernel.

--
Archaic

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org