Problems with the gimp1.2.3 n gtk+

Jolo jolo at fibertel.com.ar
Tue Nov 12 07:56:29 PST 2002

Hi, this is my first mail in the list.
My name is Ariel, n I'm from Argentina (sorry 4 my english).

Now, the problem is that; I've succesfully compiled gtk+-2.0.6 and now I wanna
install the gimp 1.2.3, but I run ./configure it spits:

 checking for gtk-config... no
checking for GTK - version >= 1.2.8... no
*** The gtk-config script installed by GTK could not be found
*** If GTK was installed in PREFIX, make sure PREFIX/bin is in
*** your path, or set the GTK_CONFIG environment variable to the
*** full path to gtk-config.
configure: error: Test for GTK failed. See the file 'INSTALL' for help.

any idea?

Thanx

JoloX